Thursday, January 10, 2008

A New Hobby for 2008: Sewing

My mother-in-law, though retired, is still a workaholic. You cannot find her idle. She’s always on the move, and busy with a lot of things. If she’s not learning a new recipe, she’s gardening. If she’s not gardening, she’s sewing, and more. She can’t seem to get tired.

On our long visit during the holidays, I was amazed at the things he sew on her old singer sewing machine. In fact, in my fascination, I ask her to teach me, which he gladly did. So now, my baby and I would visit her twice a week and she teaches me to sew with her cranky sewing machine. It was fun and relaxing. Although the last time I almost stitched my own hand. I think I am already falling in love with this activity, and is now becoming a hobby. Good thing that my hubby agreed to buy the latest model of singer sewing machine so that I can polish more my craft. Who knows, with this new hobby (and skill) I might be able to make money from it and forget about getting back to office work. That would mean more time with my baby and home stuff, which are actually my most important priorities.

1 comment:

Energy Boomer said...

My wife makes a lot of useful items that save us money, especially in the winter. Such as quilts for the bed and for the windows.